Caring for our customers is always a priority. West Coast Motorcycle Training is committed to the highest level of safety around this issue. While we consistently maintain high standards of hygiene at our premises, we have implemented additional measures in response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19). These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks. They follow the recommended guidelines from the HSE and the Government’s Return to Work Safely Protocol, and are under ongoing review.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
While the situation is still evolving rapidly, we know it is important to be prepared to deal with any escalation in the spread of the virus and have the following actions in place:
- We have introduced a customer pre-training form to seek confirmation that customers, to the best of their knowledge, have no symptoms of COVID-19, and to confirm that the customer is not self-isolating or awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- Hand sanitiser is available in our office facilities for our customers use prior to entering and leaving the premises.
- Tissues and disposable bags are available in our office facilities for our customers use.
- Additional cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (door handles, chairs, pens after every use, surfaces etc.) – using products which are effective in killing the virus
- No more than 1 person (excluding Instructor) at any one time in the office to allow for maximum physical distancing
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points.
- We are engaging in social distancing and will avoid close contact with all our customers. This includes not shaking hands, keeping at least 1-2m distance and wearing a protective face mask during classroom and motorcycle familiarisation lessons.
- We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating. We ask that our customers do the same and follow the HSE & WHO guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19. We also require that customers adhere to the following protocol:
PROTOCOL FOR CUSTOMERS
- West Coast Motorcycle Training require that you wear a face covering at all times during classroom and motorcycle familiarisation lessons e.g. IBT Modules 1 & 3.
- You can also wear gloves if you choose.
- Face masks/covering, or gloves will not be not be provided by West Coast Motorcycle Training and should be brought with you to the office.
- At this time, we cannot offer the use of motorcycle Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), therefore all customers are required to use their own (suitably approved) Helmet, Gloves, Jacket, Trousers, Boots and L Tabard (if applicable) at all times during training.
- Wash hands properly and regularly, and before starting all training lessons.
- Wash hands after going to the toilet, nose-blowing, sneezing or coughing
- Use cleaning wipes provided after using the toilet and dispose of in the bin
- Cover nose and mouth with disposable tissues when coughing or sneezing – if you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve (not hand)
- Place used tissues into a disposable bag and sealed bin – then sanitize your hands
As the situation is evolving, we will be updating this policy accordingly.